What Jesus calls us to do and why we serve…
Members of the Outreach Committee at United Reformed Church find great joy in helping others, because it is through this work that we can be "Christ to the world", and spreading his love locally and internationally. Committee members also share a great burden - the responsibility of discerning how best to be good stewards of the gifts and resources which God has entrusted to us. We welcome your prayer support as we serve others.
How we answer that call...
- Foreign Missions: We currently support the Maasai Outreach Mission.
- Denominational Giving: We support the Reformed Church in America.
- Emergency Relief: Most recently, aid to local victims of Hurricane Ida.
- Support of Local Social Service Agencies:
- Samaritan Homeless Interim Program (SHIP),
- the Food Bank Network of Somerset County and the Feeding Hands Food Pantry with food drives throughout the year,
- Safe + Sound Somerset (provides counselling and safe housing for victims of domestic and/or sexual abuse and human trafficking),
- The Reformed Church Home,
- Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity, to name a few.
- Support of local first responders: monetary donations to the Somerville Borough Police Fire Departments and Rescue Squad.
- Church World Services CROP Hunger Walk: Join us annually in October as we walk to raise money to fight hunger worldwide and also raise funds for local food programs.
- Christmas Gift Drives/White Gift Sunday, and other collections of goods as needs arise.